Be Kind to Your Body.
7 Tips to balance your MIND and BODY connection!
Creating a balance between the mind and body is important towards helping to create a Happy Healthy Life. Here at BOOTCAMP LA we looked to the Chopra Center for Wellness for 7 quick tips on creating a balance between the two.
1. Take time to quiet your mind each day. Meditation, a quiet walk or taking in 10 deep breaths can all help to get you into a restful state of awareness.
2. Each day eat a healthy diet. Make good choices including proteins, vegetables and fruit.
We take this further by saying to eat small meals throughout the day instead of 3 large meals.
3. Move your body. Engage in exercise! It keeps the mind young and keeps the mind vital and promotes emotional well being. Yay for this one!
Harvard research showing that exercise can reverse the detrimental effects of stress and lift depression! That is great news!
4. Take time for restful sleep. Human Beings generally need between six and eight hours of sleep and restful sleep means that you are not using alcohol or pharmaceuticals to get you to sleep.
5. Release emotional toxins. Many of us harbor emotional toxicity in the form of unprocessed anger, hurt to disappointment. This unprocessed residue from the past contribute s to toxicity in our body and needs to be eliminated. Then journaling about how our life will be different if you make changes can be a big help.
6. Cultivating loving relationships.Research shows that a good social support network has numerous physical and mental health benefits.If your network of friends is small, think about volunteering or joining an outdoor activities group (Yay!)
We have lots of love to give!
6. Enjoy a good belly laugh at least once a day! Laughter can boost the immune system and decrease stress hormones! This can reduce your resistance to disease! Adopt a good sense of humor! It can be learned!